Frequently asked questions
Does this NGO have any religious or political affiliations?
No, we do not have any affiliations with any religion or political group.
Where does Women Going Beyond work?
Our target country is rural Cambodia, with plans to expand our organization to other parts of South East Asia.
Does Women Going Beyond work with other organizations?
Not yet, we are looking for collaborations with schools and NGOs in the region. If you are an organization that would like to start a collaboration with us, please contact us here.
What does this NGO do?
This NGO has two divisions: the academy and providing job opportunities. The academy is where we teach women courses such as English, agricultural science and social & emotional learning. These subjects will be split into different levels based on age. After girls have completed the academy, they can then apply to become a paid worker for our organization.
What is the curriculum of the classes like?
Each day the participants will take two classes. Each class will be about one hour. In total this means each participant will attend the academy for about two hours a day or ten hours a week. The subjects are as follows:
- English: This course consists of learning how to write, read and converse in English. The courses are English 100 (ages 9-11), English 200 (ages 12-14), and English 300 (ages 15-18).
- Computer & Media: This course consists of learning the basics of computer software, social media, how to create online platforms and web design. The courses are CM 200 (ages 12-14) and CM 300 (ages 15-18).
- Agricultural Science & Technology: This course consists of learning technology and science pertaining to agriculture and farming in a hands-on approach. The courses are AST 100 (ages 9-11), AST 200 (ages 12-14), and AST 300 (ages 15-18).
- Social & Emotional Learning: This course is about improving one’s inner self in order to improve their financial and professional lives. It will consist of emotional education, relationships and self-development. The courses are SEL 100 (ages 9-11), SEL 200 (ages 12-14), and SEL 300 (ages 15-18).
How is the program funded?
We receive funding through donations, companies, other nonprofits, government agencies/departments, and international institutions.
If you would like to help us with a donation, please click here.
What skills and experience do I need to volunteer?
We need volunteers that can work directly with our students in Cambodia and also at our office in Spain. Some of the positions we are looking for include:
- Teachers and teacher’s assistants
- social media interns
- class translators
- yoga & meditation instructors
- social media interns
- website management interns
- fundraising/community outreach interns
Can I volunteer if I work full time?
Absolutely! We need volunteers for many different positions in our organization, so the work you will help us with can be any amount of time commitment that is best for you. Please check "Get involved" page for current open position.